Saturday, June 11, 2011

Korea, the new frontier continued

06/11/11


I have now been in South Korea for four months and 3 days. I find it most fascinating how waiting in a line at a store can seem like eternity when you are five, and yet a week seems to last but a moment when 20 years later. Each year beyond that only seems to pass more quickly than the last. I don't mention this in expression of regret, frustration, or stress, but rather awareness in the beauty of the moment. Each day is a gift from above and is what we choose to make it. I, just like the next, am humanly challenged by this task, or rather, opportunity. During the recent years as I have observed others' lives emotionally close to my own, I have become more aware. My awareness has been heightened in how unique and yet similar each of us are. I find recalling the similarities is most beneficial to others and myself when attempting to comfort and encourage another, but personally the excitement of life truly exhibits itself in the unknown, or new thing. Gold is often viewed as the most precious metal. From what I have percieved thus far in life, the Gold of the spiritual realm is relationships. As of late I have been continuing to learn about this person God has made me to be. To be honest, I am partially frustrated and yet rejoicing in whom He has made me. I am frustrated because I find that compared to many others around me I have about a third of the social interaction tolerance as those around me. On the other hand, I rejoice! I rejoice because At this point in this life adventure I am beginning to be able to embrace who I naturally am instead of trying to form myself into the weaker person much of society presses me to be through media and what is “normal”. I am looking forward to the future and cherishing each step of life along the way, embracing and learning from what God teaches me through His word and others along the way.
A work from the master artist,
Kris Wiens


Chosen scripture of focus for the day,

Psalm 119:89-96 NKJV study bible 2nd edition. Copyright 2007.

“Forever, O Lord, Your word is settled in heaven.
90 Your faithfulness endures to all generations;
You established the earth, and it abides.
91 They continue this day according to Your ordinances,
For all are Your servants.
92 Unless Your law had been my delight, I would then have perished in my affliction.
93 I will never forget Your precepts, For by them You have given me life.
94 I am Yours, save me;
For I have sought Your precepts.
95 The wicked wait for me to destroy me, But I will consider Your testimonies.
96 I have seen the consummation of all perfection, Bt Your commandment is exceedingly broad.

No comments: